*NOTE: A self-evaluation section has been added to the Contract Completion form and completing both sections of the form usually takes a total of 10 minutes.
Are there any restrictions?
- A course that already has an Honors equivalent cannot be contracted - Ex: cannot contract ENGL 102 because there is the Honors version ENGL 115.
- Contracted courses must be at least 3 credit hours.
- Online courses/remote courses can be contracted with the approval of the professor as can summer courses with approval.
- Professors are not required to allow contracts in courses, so if a professor allows it, students are asked to try their best to complete.
What can I do for an Honors Contract?
- Make Something
- Solve a Problem
- Prepare for Something
- Explore Something
- Enhance an Experience
What does this look like?
- Ask a question and research to find an answer
- Expand on topics and projects from classes to take them further
- Journal or present about a trip/experience you have had
- Build/Fix/Create something you may not otherwise have taken the time to do
- Prepare for your future career through interviews/research/first hand experience and report on it
Examples of Previous Contracts
ITEC - William Wartelle and Garett Robichaux
Research and Present Something
Nursing 104 - Kyara Bryant
Vis Arts:Advanced Painting - Heidi Dugas