Continuing students at the University may join Honors until their final year. All continuing students can join based on their GPA. Second semester freshman must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above. Sophomores and above must have a cumulative GPA of a 3.2 or above.
Once joined, in order to maintain status in the Honors Program you must complete the following:
NOTE: ***Students transfering with 60 or more hours are required to earn twelve (12) credits/four(4) courses.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 as a freshman, 3.2 afterwards.
- Take at least one Honors class (not counting seminar or workshop) each semester until you have earned eighteen (18) credits/six(6) courses.***
- Complete a research/creative project. (See Senior Project for additional assistance)
- Take Honors seminar every semester until graduation unless you have an irreconcilable class conflict. Read the Honors book, whether or not you are registered in seminar.
- Complete the Honors Essay every semester.
- Have your schedule approved in the Honors Office (Judice-Rickels 205) before each phone registration.
- Pay the $35.00 per year Honors Activity Fee charged to your University Account. ($20.00 for students entering the program in the spring.) If this is a problem, speak privately to the director.
- Report any change of major, address, or telephone to the Honors Office. Update your Honors Information Card each Fall semester.
*Those not complying with any of the above may appeal to the Director. Unless a waiver is granted, the student will be deleted from the program.