All first-time freshmen are admitted to the Honors Program based on their ACT or SAT Scores. Students with a 26 composite score on the ACT or a 1260 on their SAT. Students with a 25 ACT or 1220 SAT and a strong GPA will also be considered.
Most eligible freshmen will receive a letter from the Honors Program inviting them to apply during the Honors Session of Orientation. If you are eligible and did not receive a letter you are still welcome to apply.
Once joined, in order to maintain status in the Honors Program you must complete the following:
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 as a freshman, 3.2 afterwards.
- Take at least one Honors class (not counting seminar or workshop) each semester until you have earned eighteen (18) credits/six(6) courses.***
- Complete a research/creative project. (See Senior Project for additional assistance)
- Take Honors seminar every semester until graduation unless you have an irreconcilable class conflict. Read the Honors book, whether or not you are registered in seminar.
- Complete the Honors Essay every semester.
- Have your schedule approved in the Honors Office (Judice-Rickels 205) before each registration.
- Pay the $35.00 per year Honors Activity Fee charged to your University Account. ($20.00 for students entering the program in the spring.) If this is a problem, speak privately to the director.
- Report any change of major, address, or telephone to the Honors Office. Update your Honors Information Card each Fall semester.
*Those not complying with any of the above may appeal to the Director. Unless a waiver is granted, the student will be deleted from the program.
***Students transfering with 60 or more hours are required to earn twelve (12) credits/four(4) courses.